ENET Energy SA is always looking for great talents, sure that “winning teams are those with the best players“. That’s the first secret of our success and no dispensation is admitted!
Best strategies would be ineffective without high value people that carry them on successfully. If you think you are the right person, contact us at email@example.com , attaching a cover letter and a CV.
SENIOR MARKET ANALYST
Position Summary: the Sr. Analyst will have demonstrated ability to work and collaborate effectively within multidisciplinary teams. The Sr. Analyst possesses the following competencies (1) puts safety first, (2) effectively communicates to seek and provide understanding, (3) takes action to better serve customers, (4) always acts with integrity and respects others, (5) furthers diversity and inclusion, (6) has a passion for developing functional expertise, and (7) communicates effectively to gain understanding.
The person in this Sr. Analyst position will have expertise in quantitative modeling for supply and demand of electricity and gas under uncertainty conditions. This person will have demonstrated skills in the following: assembling, assessing and formatting appropriate data for analysis; using existing models and developing models to perform analysis; documenting existing analytic procedures, processes and methodologies; and preparing clear effective communications of the analytic findings. The person in this role will have effective written and oral communication skills and can put technical and quantitative material in layman’s terms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematical and Computational Finance, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as performing quantitative analytic work or advanced degree research work in a relevant discipline
- Ph.D. or advanced degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematical and Computational Finance, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- Experience in any of the following activities: analyzing natural gas or electricity prices; developing analytics for optimizing operations in natural gas or electricity businesses; researching and applying quantitative techniques in dealing with issues in natural gas or electricity businesses
- Strong programming skills in VBA or Matlab
- Strong familiarity with data visualization tools such as SAS JMP Pro
- Strong Familiarity with Monte Carlo simulation and tools such as @Risk and RiskOptimizer
- Strong knowledge of physical, financial and real options and derivatives in general
- Demonstrated familiarity and ability to apply and implement quantitative techniques (such as but not limited to the following: mathematical programming, optimization, stochastic processes, regressions, time series analysis, statistical methods, derivative pricing, Monte Carlo simulation) to business issues in supply and demand in electricity markets
- Ability to interpret and explain the analytical results and methods to technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity supply and demand side electricity and gas markets
- Perform risk and reward analyses at the individual and the portfolio asset levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment in UK and Europe and environmental regulations